Who started the National Book Festival? Over the course of its 20-year history, the Festival has become one of the most prominent literary events in the nation. The National Book Festival was founded in 2001 by Laura Bush and then-Librarian of Congress James H. Billington. The first Festival was held Sept.
Is the Festival of Books free? How much is admission? General admission to the festival grounds at USC is free. Conversation tickets are free, but a service fee will be charged. Certain additional Special Presentations with in the festival weekend may require a paid ticket.
How do you set up a book festival?
- Step 1: Enlist Help.
- Step 2: Check the Budget.
- Step 3: Schedule the Dates.
- Step 4: Contact the Bookseller.
- Step 5: Choose a Theme and Plan Decorations.
- Step 6: Prepare for Money Management.
- Step 7: Create Volunteer Schedule.
How do you market a book festival?
- Printed promotional materials. The first thing’s first is to get your printed promotional materials in order.
- Word of mouth.
- Press releases to industry websites.
- Social media.
- Email marketing.
- Event listing websites.